Thursday, August 6, 2009

Some Pig!

Mucho mejor, gracias.
I'm feeling a heck of a lot better...it was a bit swinish there for a couple days, what with the shaking, the sweating, the chills, the weakness, the loss of appetite, general malaise, etc.
The good doctor at the Santa Elena Hospital listened to my stomach and declared that it was hosting the latest revolucion en Mexico and prescribed some antibiotics. I'm supplementing with some Malox stomach-soothing chewables and starting to feel normal again. He also said I was really dehydrated due to various discharges and said I should drink a couple liters of Pedialyte every day for a while.
I don't know if you've ever tried Pedialyte, but it's really disgusting. It's basically Gatorade with less sugar and lots more gross. After the first bottle, I switched to Gatorade (limonada flavour) and haven't looked back.
Class has been good this week, except for the fact that M is no longer going full-time, but rather just 2 hours a day, in private lessons. We got a couple new people, a cool guy who happens to live in NYC, and a girl from the LA area. My skills are definitely improving and I can't wait to read Shakespeare in the original Spanish.


No comments:

Post a Comment